The journey of a young woman with a chronic disease, Cystic Fibrosis

Sunday, May 23, 2010

CT Scan


Hey guys!
Sorry I didn't post to tell about the CT scan, but heres the update:
After the ct scan( which was simple, you really just lay there so thats no biggie) I then went to the CF clinic just down the hall to see my Dr. After he and 4 other people looked at the scan for over half an hour I started worrying. It turned out there was really no need for me to worry. The scan didn't show anything. No muscle tears, no rib fractures, no change in my lungs. Then the question was, well WHY on earth am I having all this pain ?! The other doctor who is a pediatric Dr. that specializes in pain in CF had a 'answer' . Basically earlier back I had a bad chest infection which caused my nerves to say ' oh no theres a problem here protect' and made every touch painful so that the infection could heal or what ever you wanna call it. After the infection went away, the nerves were still working to help my lungs be able to heal, which is why I am still in pain. To fix that they have put me on a med called pregavalin to calm my nerves so they can relax and the pain will stop. They said the pill should also help with anxiety and the irritability that comes along with the pain, so my boyfriend is one happy camper, :)
NOW.. on too todays excitement, :)
Today I was getting ready for the day and my boyfriend Dale called me and asked if I wanted to go down to the races, so me and Dale went down for the day. I may be a little burnt.. but it was SOO nice to get out for the day. I must say even better then watching the races and seeing people spin out, was the fat guy I saw. He was really big.. anyways he was trying to walk up the stands and step over each bench seat thing. Well his leg didn't go up high enough and he still went to walk.. can you say F.A.C.E.P.L.A.N.T ! I really had to hold back the laughs at that one.
I Hope you guys had an exciting and warm day in the sun!

Live.Laugh.Love.Breathe
cfprincess xxo

PS - The picture added , Is one I took of driver Terry Roma !

1 comment:

  1. What a great day babyboo i love you thank you for comming

    ReplyDelete