The journey of a young woman with a chronic disease, Cystic Fibrosis

Friday, June 11, 2010

Another week down, Another one on it's way

So CF clinic sucked.
Then Wednesday sucked.
Now todays just...another day.

At clinic on Tuesday I had PFT's which showed that my lung functions dropped about 21%FEV1 ... which bites. So becasue of the fact that my lung functions dropped, I'm brining up stuff when I cough, and that I have increased pain, they made a new plan. I am now on 2 antibiotics. Inhaled Tobra, and oral Keflex. They also decreased my morphine because it suppresses my cough and I need to cough stuff up to get rid of the new chest infection. Because they dropped my morphine dose, they upped my Lyrica to 3 75mg pills instead of 2 75 mg pills twice a day -which brings me to why Wednesday sucked.

When I first got on Lyrics I was really dizzy when the medicine first got into my body. That whole first day I was crazy dizzy, I couldn't even walk without my mother holding me as I was walking. After I got use to that dose we moved it to 2 75mg pills, and my body just accepted it right away, no dizziness. I was on that dose for 3 weeks, then thats when they moved me to 3 pills. I guess because it was such a sudden change in dose, my body got the same dizziness, but it didn't kick in until I was at school. I was trying to write something for English because my teacher needed more marks for the class when the dizzy spell hit and I just sat there unable to focus on my sheet. Once I came home it was all I could do to sleep and lay around- so thats what I did.

That's all the last week has been... just a lot of sleep and catching up on lost sleeping time. Rest has been much needed, but I still feel completely drained, so it's time for more sleep.

Live.Laugh.Love.Breathe
cfprincess xxo


No comments:

Post a Comment